Welcome to So Worth The Drive :: Travel a little - Adventure a lot
We are from Virginia and have entered the work-optional stage of our lives. Instead of sitting around wondering what to do next, we started talking about all the places we'd always wanted to visit. Before long, those conversations turned into a plan: one quick trip each month, with smaller adventures closer to home in between. It sounded like something we could actually stick with.
As I started researching destinations, I ran into a problem. There just wasn't much out there for people like us. I looked at those scratch-off travel boxes, but the price seemed a little steep—and most only cover one state. Living in Virginia, we're lucky to be right in the middle of the East Coast, with so many great destinations just a drive away.
That's when a friend suggested I start a blog.
She thought my background in teaching and writing made it a perfect fit.
Ha! Let me tell you...I wasn't sold. It sounded a little too much like work, and I had intentionally stepped away from that kind of stress.
But then I realized planning a trip isn't all that different from planning a lesson. And writing? That's just something I'll probably always do. So I thought, Why not? What's the worst that could happen?
So here we are.
It may take a little time to grow, but my hope is that this blog helps others who want to travel a little, adventure a lot, and discover places that really are so worth the drive.
Our first adventure is coming up in September: Lexington, Kentucky, and Red River Gorge. We're hoping to catch the beginning of the fall colors and are especially looking forward to the distilleries, live music, kayaking, and whatever interesting places we discover along the way.
I'll share the places we visit, what things actually cost, the planning tips and travel hacks that worked for us, and the little surprises we find that don't always make the travel guides.
If you have ideas for places we should visit or things you'd like me to include, I'd love to hear them.
For now, I plan...then I walk.
Comments
Post a Comment